International Students Information

Short Term Study Visa is for applicants who want to study for less than 6 months. A Short Term Study Visa  is not a part of the Home Office Point Based System (PBS).

  • Short Term Study Visa does not have a level requirement – the course can be at any level.
  • Students on Short Term Study Visa are nor restricted on where they can study
  • Short Term Study Visa is free on arrival for non-visa nationals

  • Short Term Study Visa lasts for maximum of 6 months.
  • This type of visa cannot  be extended in the UK and  students have to return to their home country once they have completed their course.

If you are a visa national, you must apply for Short Term Study Visa in your home country. You will need to submit your visa application  by completing an online application on the Home Office website. As a part of your application  you must attend the BHC in the country of your application in person and have  your biometric data (fingerprints) taken.

along with your application you will need to submit the following documents:

  • a visa support letter from the college
  • proof that you have enough money to pay for your course and to live in London

If you are a non – visa national, you do not need to apply for Short Term Study Visa before you come to the UK. You can get it free on arrival.

You can get a Short Term Study Visa on arrival only if you are a non – visa national.
You will need:

  • to book a course before you come to the UK
  • to have your Student Visa support letter to show at immigration when you arrive
  • let the immigration officer know that you have booked a course and want to have a Short Term Study Visa

If you are a visa national, you must get your visa before you arrive in the UK.

The cost of Short Term Study Visa is £(visa fee) for visa nationals and non-visa nationals applying for a visa before they
arrive in the UK.
It is free for non-visa nationals applying for Short Term Study Visa on arrival.

Short Term Study Visa lasts for 6 months.

If you are applying for your Short Term Study Visa from overseas, a green color visa sticker will be endorsed in your passport. It will have  the date your visa is valid from, and the date of expiry. It will include letters ‘Short Term Study Visa’ to show the type of your visa.

If you are getting your visa on arrival, you will not have a sticker in your passport. Instead, you will have your passport stamped in immigration, and officer will add letters ‘VST’ next to the stamp. (This is the difference between Short Term Study Visa and Visitor Visa).
Please check that the date of entry is clear on the entry stamp. If you cannot read it, ask the officer to stamp it again.

Short Term Study Visa does not give the right to work in the UK.